Tuesday 29 September 2009

achilles Issues

Just come back from physio, the good news seems my achilles problem isn`t anything too serious and there is no swelling and no inflammation so I`ve been told to run a little, stretch regularly and do one or two strength exercises, have another appointment next week so all in all pretty good news, I`ve decided that the half marathon at kenilworth this weekend is definitely out as long runs and hills weren`t really prescribed by my therapist!
So as from tomorrow training starts again in earnest tomorrow with swimming in the morning followed by 30min on the eliptical trainer( which I`ve been told is fine) and then 5km on the treadmill to finish, although the treatment was expensive today glad i went its reassured me I`m not falling apart and given me some guidelines what I can and can`t do. What I definitely don`t want to do is become lazy and stop training altogether just because I`ve got a niggle like I`ve tended to do in the past. So instead I`ve made a commitment to myself this evening to improve my swimming with the aim on doing a half ironman next year, the full I`ve decided will wait till the year after or even 2012, hopefully by then I will be able to afford a better bike and my body will be better conditioned for the distance, also my swim by then will be a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment