Monday 21 September 2009

Ups and Downs!

Well its been over a week since the Nottingham half marathon, fantastic day all in all, really well organised and great atmosphere with lots of support through the whole race, the weather was good for running , not too warm a little windy but I`m glad I wasn`t doing the full marathon, the wind picked up loads later.
I gotta say I totally exceeded my own expectation with my performance with a huge PB of 1.26.55, almost 5 min faster than my last half back in 2004, especially pleasing since the course was pretty hilly. Still felt strong through the whole run and looking back reckon maybe I had a bit more left in the "tank".
After a day off on Monday, although unfortunately I had to go to work, decided to get out for slow 6 mile3r on Tues, disaster strikes!!, soreness in my achilles region within a few hundred yards of start. I went on to complete the run and tbh the last 3 or 4 miles felt fine. However it`s definitely felt tight and a bit sore since.
So I resigned myself to a week without running, I`ve still managed to get some biking in and the last three days managed to fit two good swim sessions in. The heel still feels sore though. Not really sure what to do now, I have another half in under two weeks time and I really want to run it. Had a good session on the Xtrainer today so may try that for the next week. If I can`t run then now is a good opportunity to improve my swimming for next years triathlon season. I`ve been neglecting it for far too long haven`t really been down the pool much since the rugby tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment