Sunday 9 August 2009

lofty goals and ambitions!

Well where to start?! , I`m new to this blogging so i`m guessing for a while my posts will be somewhat disjointed, but hopefully will improve in time.
Well maybe its a classic case of midlife crisis, but after a few years of occasional running (between several injuries!) at 42 years of age I`ve decided to enter an Iron man distance event next year. OK OK I know I haven`t had any real triathlon experience.. although I have joined a club and have my first sprint distance at the end of Aug, also my injury history is not ideal(dodgy knees mainly) but this Ironman ambition has been with me for several years so I`ve decided next year is the year!!
My training started about 3 months ago, although mainly has involved training for several running races i`ve entered through the summer, my next one being the Nottingham half marathon in September, also I`m probably going to enter the Kenilworth half marathon in October, so I`m trying to juggle between improving my rather hopeless swimming and getting endurance training on my bike with also trying to run a decent time in a half . My PB for a half is 1.31.50 set at Gloucester in 2005 so anywhere near that would be great, but I have to be realistic and probably admit I haven`t the speed in my legs at the moment.

Training today 3.10min (51 miles) easy on the bike(longest of the summer so far)
Quick change then 30min run (4 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment