Wednesday 28 October 2009

Iron man program in progess, and early mornings!!

So this week has heralded the official start of my Iron man training, and on the whole I`ve managed to follow it although have had to be a little flexible, although I guess that's par for the course
Mon- 1600m swim(split into sets of 50 -200m)
Tues- 30m Run (easy)
Weds 45min bike (done as part of commute to work)....transition then 15 min run

On top of this I`ve done my usual 10mile round trip cycle ride to work, at the moment the training is fairly low volume so a little more base training I don`t see as being a problem, as the program gets harder though may have to reassess how I fit my commute into my training.
Also I`m a little worried the actual nature of my job will push me over the edge to a state of overtrain. I work in a freezer warehouse with temperatures down as low as -25to-30C and involves quite a bit of lifting. Nice thing about the job (yes there is one!) is that I get 3 days off a week so plenty of time to get the long training sessions in.
Anyway I guess these aren`t really major problems just small hurdles to overcome, so onwards and upwards. Fairly easy day planned today just an easy spin to work and back and swim tonight(although that is never easy!!), even managed a lie in this morning 4.20am!. I`ve decided that any runs or bike rides less than hour long will be done b4 work, I`m not convinced my willpower is always strong enough to go after a day of work.
The swim sessions I`m having to cater to my ability at the moment but hopefully with regular trips down the pool I`ll see some improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment