Sunday 25 October 2009

What a bike ride!!











With the sun shining, on a beautiful autumnal day in Warwickshire decided to head out and get out on the bike for a couple of hours, didn`t really plan a route just headed out onto the minor roads, despite the fact there are far to many cars on UK roads we are blessed with a great network of small country roads to explore which are relatively traffic free. The photos I posted just didn`t do the day credit... the trees are all turning now and the colour was just simply stunning in places, would have liked to stop more to take more piccys but in the end I was supposed to be training!! Seems like I was`nt the only one with the idea to get out and about, walkers runners horse riders and cyclists were out in force. The camaraderie between cyclists never ceases to amaze me out on the road, without exception you always get a wave and a hi from everyone you pass going the oppposite direction.




Anyway felt great on the ride pretty tough in places it was really windy and although no really big hills the terrain was constantly rolling, I find it quite hard to get any sort of rhythm to my pedalling when it`s like that. I was a bit peeved when i realised I`d cycled at least 3 miles and hadn`t realised my gps was switched off on my garmin duhhh..:-(. So although I ended up recording 36.3 miles over 2 hours and 12 min the ride was probably closer to 40 miles over mayb 2.25. Still can`t get too obsessive over the stats, in the overall scheme of things it doesn`t really matter. Tried to keep my HR down in zones 1 and 2 was a bit tricky at times with the hills, but more or less succeeded. Ah well time to put my feet up I think and relax with a cup of tea and a couple of Custard tarts!!...I`m sure i heard they were good recovery food!!..:-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment