Sunday 3 January 2010

End of a great week!

What a week it`s been!! 6 days working and over 13 hours training, my plan actually wanted me to do 11, but with the 100km commute took it well over.
On top of the 13 hours also managed to fit in quite a bit of core/ strength training. Using some really nice apps on my new phone which help you build up to be able to do 200 crunchies 200 squats and 100 pushups, the programmes really don`t take much time out of the day and hopefully I`ll notice a difference in my workouts.
Today headed to the gym and swam 2km felt pretty tough today and split it into 200m sets with 2 min breaks, probably end of week fatigue!. After a very very long transition :-)) managed 10880metres on the concept2 rower 45min keeping my heartrate in zone 2. Longest row I`ve done for at least 7 or 8 months so the last 15 min were tough have a feeling my glutes will suffer tomorrow..:-)). Finished the workout off with 45min on the eliptical trainer, quite a mental battle to keep going, but good practice on "toughing it out" kept my HR mainly in lower Z2 mainly because i was just two knackered to get it much higher.
Pity I couldn`t get my long run in today but I think it`s probably wise to let the shins heal.
On the whole though the body is holding up well and feel strong and positive going into the New Year.
Have to mention the positive effect twitter has had on my training since i signed up a week or so a go, listening to the triumphs and struggles of fellow athletes is really inspiring and motivating, and somehow I do feel more accountable, this blog also makes me feel accountable too, so I`d like to thank the people who do follow in helping me achieve my goals in the coming year.

Oh dug the trailer out today for a super healthy weekly shop...New year=healthier diet so feeling very pleased with myself lol

No comments:

Post a Comment