Saturday 26 December 2009

Boxing day run..Ouch

Another fine sunny cold day inspired me to get out for my planned long run, think I should have eaten more a couple of hours before I headed out, after 5 miles felt a bit weak but after a gel and a drink soon felt better. On the hour mark decided to turn round and head back was taking it really easy so estimated 13 miles would be a comfortable enough distance to cover in two hours. Suddenly felt a pain in my right calf, at first thought it was cramp so stopped for a minute and tried stretching it out. Well I did manage to run back and in fact did a negative split covering 14.25 miles in 2 hours and 1 minute. The calf continued to bother me on the way home but could run on it.
Stretched it well when I got home, but now feels pretty sore hopefully it will clear up quickly.
Couldn't get the right chain for my bike today so looks like it will have to wait till weds(next day off work) hopefully the weather will stay good and the roads clear, really don`t fancy negotiating icy roads on my road bike.

2 comments:

  1. Dont think you need to train EVERY day! Be careful!Imagine how you will feel if you pull a calf muscle............

    (I know Im talking to the wall but I have to try)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the same boat as others! Enjoying? the training miles towards my first IM in September, looking forward to following your progress and adventures! Cheers and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete