Tuesday 29 December 2009

A Mixed bag

Dragged myself out of bed at 3.45am for an hour long early morning run..sounds a nightmare?. Not at all! I`m finding I`m starting to really enjoy my pre work runs . This one was especially nice, managed about 7 miles ok no records broken there, but had a great feeling throughout the run, definitely got into the "zone" where running seems effortless and thoughts wander. Only minor concern was my left shin which is definitely getting sore, good news is that the calf feels fine now and all the other aches and pains I`ve been suffering with felt fine also.
So the plan was to head to the pool after work to swim with my triathlon club, however after a very wet ride back from work found out the swim session had been canceled ..so plan B was to head down to my gym and do a swim there. Well after 400m attendent came and told they were closing early because of the holiday period!! grrr I guess it just wasn`t to be. Well to top it off went out after a quick change into my bike gear and the rain had turned into a full scale blizzard, that may be a slight exaggeration, but I was pleased to get home!
Tomorrow is definitely a swim day now, no work so plenty of time also really have to get a bike /transition/run in. So another early night is on the cards...OMG I haven`t had so many early nights since primary school!

3 comments: