Wednesday 9 December 2009

Well another productive day on the training front, 45 min bike HR zone 2 followed by 15 min run also zone 2 heart rate, took the long route home from work for the bike ride, felt really tough to be honest trying to keep my heart rate high enough my legs felt very tired, stopped about half way back just to take on a gel, which more by luck than judgement I`d stuck in my bike jacket pocket. Considering I was riding my heavy steel touring bike was pleased with my time covering the 11.7 miles in 44 min. I know it doesn`t seem so quick but with big chunky 26 inch wheels and fat tires with two bike panniers on the back it`s pretty slow going.
Next week though going to have to make sure I take a drink with me for this session especially if I try and fit it in straight after work again.
Ah well tomorrow back down to the pool...OH JOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment