Thursday 31 December 2009

work, train, work, train

What a week! Definitely bad timing, 6 days working coinciding with my biggest week of training since i started IM training is not ideal.
However so far so good, feel really energized and the last two days I've managed a brick workout, comprising of a 2000m swim with 45 min bike(stationary) and a 20 min run, to be honest this wasn't really planned but the swimming pool is closed so much this time of the year, I've really got to squeeze the swim sessions in as and when i can. Felt pretty strong but I`m not sure wether it`s swallowing too much pool water bu always have a mild stomach upset after the swim especially when I have to workout afterwards as well.
My freestyle is coming on pretty well managed to swim the last 1400m of the 2000m completely front crawl technique still ropey but getting faster gradually i think.
Today finished work early, so afterwards went straight out to get my run in while the light held, great run but shins are still sore especially my left one, may do a long session on the eliptical trainer on Sunday and include some rowing just to give them a rest.
December has been a great month for training, my 2nd biggest of the year after august with about 40 hours training.
Well that`ll do for this post need to get to bed, work again tomorrow and the big 100km commute ooer I must be mad hopefully the snow will hold off tonight!
Her`s hoping you all have a fantastic new year and good health and prosperity in 2010 (oh and lot`s of Pb`s for the athletes ;-)) )

No comments:

Post a Comment